Thursday, October 22, 2009

Creamy Crack...

Also known as a chemical relaxer... The white cream that can singe your nose hairs with one whiff.. It took me a while to understand why people would call it creamy crack until I realized that your hair and scalp get addicted to it and when you try to wean your hair off of it you have to deal with some not-so-nice side effects. The scalp gets very tender and sore. It also causes headaches when the new growth starts growing in. I went natural almost 4 years ago and had to deal with the withdrawal symptoms from the creamy crack. After i had been natural for a year I was able to see what my original hair texture was- and I liked it! My oldest daughter is about to undergo the withdrawal from the creamy crack and i had to forewarn her about the side effects. It didn't change her mind about not wanting the creamy crack anymore- which I was happy about.. Since she has had relaxers her hair texture has changed and become brittle, she has experienced extensive damage and lost about 4-5 inches of hair. Previously her hair sat below her collar bone. Now her hair stops at the middle of her neck. Fortunately I know how to take care of her hair and can get her hair healthy and growing again. So before she graduates high school she will have the nice long hair that she had before... No one could pay me to believe that chemical relaxers have any merit. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment